The resort embraces the natural beauty and serenity of the surrounding environment overlooking over 170 acres of neatly manicured 18-hole Championship golf course nestled in Belding, Michigan. Our facility comes complete with a full service hotel and restaurant and several wedding ceremony and banquet location on premise. Our environment is fast-paced, expansive and ever evolving… yet stable, rewarding, and enduring. It is a high performance culture where initiative and results are recognized and rewarded.
The ideal candidate is a dedicated self-starter with a natural drive towards customer service, seeking an opportunity to expand their knowledge and gain experience in a multi-faceted hospitality environment. This position requires a highly self-motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision and interact with patrons at a high-level.
The golf cart attendant works closely with the Head Golf Professional, Director of Events, and General Manager on the outside golf operations to assure a smooth transition for patrons and their members around the club. Primary responsibility falls on service to patrons, efficiency of cart loading, cart cleanliness, staging, and storing. This position will also be responsible for working closely with the Resort Event staff to assist with set-up and tear down of events and other duties, as needed.
The Cart Attendant must have excellent listening skills and an eagerness to provide excellent service. Must be flexible in meeting the varying scheduling needs of the Club and may be required to work additional hours than scheduled, if necessary. Cart Attendants must be neat and well-groomed in accordance to Candlestone Resort standards.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
Prior experience and/or general knowledge of the game of golf a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES • Demonstrated skills in the proper handling of money • Working knowledge of basic computer programs • Ability to work unsupervised
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
It must be recognized that all specific duties cannot be listed and that responsibilities will change accordingly as the need arises.
- This position will meet and greet all members and their guests in a warm, friendly and professional manner in accordance with all facility policies and procedures.
- Responsible for daily operations of range ball recovery utilizing both mechanical and hand machinery and equipment.
- Responsible for the collection of, organization of, and cleanliness of all range baskets used for ball transportation according to policies and procedures established by management.
- Help keep all working areas attractive, neat and clean free of trash and waste. Responsible for washing the range balls to maintain their cleanliness and usability.
- Follow procedures for proper opening and closing of the cart and range operations.
- Keep the outside area uncontested, neat, and clean.
- Do not allow carts to clog passage area, arrange them neatly after having been used.
- Inspect the condition of golf carts with specific attention to their cleanliness and appearance. Report needed repairs and condition of carts to management.
- Responsible for cart cleanliness, cart supplies, cart condition and charging. As well as the rotation of golf carts to ensure uniform usage amongst the fleet.
- Assist golf shop personnel in the tournament setup of golf carts and range operations.
- Refer all major concerns/complaints to a manager and/or assistant manager. Follow procedures in management of the cart.
- Maintain order and continuity of player traffic.
- Tracking and reporting the need for supplies necessary for day to day operations of their given areas.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Maintain daily records and reports
- Remain courteous with patrons at all times
- Perform all job tasks within the rules and guidelines of the Resort
- Work as a team player with co-workers and in conjunction with other departments
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Must be able to clearly communicate Member needs to other Team Members. Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 70 lbs Minimum Age 16 Ability to Stand 6-8 Hours A positive attitude while on the job is also essential.
COGNITIVE CONSIDERATIONS Must have the ability to read, write and organize material. Must be able to relate to others in a professional manner.
This is a seasonal- part time hourly, non-exempt position
This is a seasonal position to be worked during golf season only. Position is part-time and applicant must be able to work a flexible schedule, holidays, and weekends.
The hours will be scheduled by the Head Golf Professional, Director of Events, and General Manager. When applying, please specify what position you are applying for.